We hear complaints and questions like these from Christians frequently:
- "Churches today only care about money."
- "There is too much abuse and misuse of church funds. Why should I give?"
- "How do I know the money will go to a good cause?"
While these are valid thoughts, the reality is, church can't happen without finances. Just like a home can't operate without an income. Instead of trying to convince you why you should give, let me instead tell you what
Sanger Faith Community Church believes concerning money.
1. We are opposed to debt. While at times we know that it may be
necessary for obvious reasons (like a mortgage on a facility), we do not believe God wants us to finance His work through anyone other than His people. So you can rest assured that we pay attention to how the money is being spent. You may not agree with the way we spend every penny, but I am sure you will agree with this, "God's money is to be spent for God's Kingdom." When we form our budget we keep that in mind. Where can the money God has blessed us with be most effective?
2. We realize not everybody is going to agree on every decision,
especially concerning finances. This is the reason why we have a
financial team that the Board of Directors rely on to give sound
financial counsel. We are confident that between the Financial Guidance Team and the Board of Directors that we are honoring God through sound stewardship as we minister to our community in the name of Jesus.
3. Sanger Faith Community Church believes that people's lives are a good cause. We are to walk along-side those who are in need. Need comes in more than one form. Our goal is not to fix the issues in life, our goal is to give hope as people work through those issues. So at times our finances may go to hosting a support group for grieving parents or possibly recovering addicts. Other times we may use the finances to host a neighborhood carnival where kids will hear the gospel before leaving our campus. Regardless, you can rest assured that people’s lives are being affected because of your generous giving.
4. We believe it is every believer's responsibility to give with a
cheerful heart so we will never beg you for money. In fact, we don't even pass the basket on Sunday mornings. We have a designated basket in the back of the sanctuary where your tithes and offering can be placed.
Now that you know some of our views concerning finances allow us to make one last point. Giving of the money you earn really comes down to trust. Not trust in us, but trust in God. You see, when you give you don't actually give to us you give to Him. We have been charged with the spreading of the gospel, and that is exactly what we are doing. It is the leadership of this church's responsibility to manage those funds in the most effective way possible so that many more lives will be affected.
Text GIVE to (833) 968-0064